This banana bread is dense and hearty, full of flavour and bursting with nutrition!
- Bananas are a source of vitamin B6 and C, potassium and manganese (for the knees).
- Brown rice flour has protein, is gluten free and lower in the glycemic index than most other flours
For a sugar-free option, substitute the sugar for Stevia :)
Breakfast & Brunch
Gluten-Free Bountiful Banana Bread
Select Stars →
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 organic eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 4-5 drops stevia liquid (for sugar-free options)
- 3/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, walnuts or pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup organic chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
- Combine banana, coconut sugar, eggs and coconut oil in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Mix both batches of ingredients together and stir well.
- Grease a medium size loaf pan and pour mixture into it. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 minutes before you remove it from the pan. It will rise about 2-2.5 inches.
*When you use brown rice flour, it is more dense than whole wheat. So just keep this in mind if you are not used to making gluten-free baked goods.