I had a super enjoyable chat alongside Stewart Brown the founder of Genuine Health talking about nutrition in kids today.
Listen to this episode on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or on listenN.
In this episode we discuss:
- How headaches and chronic fatigue inspired Stewart Brown's health journey
- Sam Graci's (formulator of Greens Plus) advice of changing a child's diet to improve a child's moon
- Get the body moving and nourish the body and 80-90% of health ailments will heal themselves
- Eating the rainbow to get phytonutrients (healing constitutents within plants) into your diet
- Phytonutrients and their role as prebiotics to feed good bacteria in the gut
- The roles of various phytonutrients, from antioxidants to neutralizing free radicals
- How to influence the microbiome positively through food, sleep and spending time in nature
- The urgent need for a shift away from the Standard American Diet (SAD)
- How children's nutritional needs for phytonutrients and healthy fats are not being met
- Supporting children's health with whole food-derived fruits and vegetables, omega 3s and probiotics
- Introducing the Genuine Health-y line of supplements for kids in partnership with Joyous Health, including Fermented Organic Gut Superfoods+, Advanced Gut Health Probiotics Kids and Omega3 Kids +D3
I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of this episode! If you enjoyed it, please leave a comment below and a rating or review over on the listenN podcast!