Running a business and being a mom means I'm committed to my at-home workouts (I use the Obé Fitness app, which I love, in case you're wondering). Nevertheless, whether I'm sweating it out in my living room or at a barre class downtown, there are a few things I always like to have on hand when working out.
Of course, my criteria for gym bag essentials is the same for any personal care items I'm bringing home. I want them to be free from harmful substances, made with great quality ingredients, and good for me, my family and Mama Earth! I don't think that's too much to ask :)
Here's a glimpse at my natural work out essentials:
1. Joyous Health Dry Shampoo in Dark to revive my hair and absorb the sweat. I don't know how I ever exercised without dry shampoo – was I washing my hair all the time or just wandering around with greasy-looking roots?
2. Joyous Health Lavender Deodorant Stick for a quick pick me up!
3. Minimal Stainless Steel water bottle for drinking loads of water before, after and during the workout.
4. Hair ties (these lovelies are from Anthropologie) because there's nothing worse than a mouthful of hair when you're in downward dog!
5. Obé Fitness app for challenging workouts that I can do from the comfort of my living room (sometimes Vienna joins in on the fun, too). You can get 30% off your first month by using the code: "JOYM30".
6. Jade yoga mat is comfortable, nonslip and just about everything you can ask for in a yoga mat.
7. Dr. Bronner's Organic Hand Sanitizer in Lavender is especially important when I'm doing a class outside of my house – gyms and fitness studios can be extra germy and this hand sanitizer mist is gentle and doesn't contain any nasty chemicals, so it's not drying, and the lavender scent is so lovely and relaxing, which is perfect for after a workout.
8. Snacks, of course! My Everyday Superfood Granola Bars are a perfect after-workout pick-me-up, as are the Almond Joy Bites , Turmeric Mango Golden Balls (the turmeric will also help ease any inflammation built up during your workout) and any smoothie recipe (especially when made with protein powder).
What would you add? And what forms of exercise are you loving right now?