This episode is absolutely packed with evidence-based information to support your immune system from a truly holistic approach! We take you on a journey from understanding how the immune system works, to the factors that lower your immunity and everything you can do to support your immune system. We discuss the best foods, supplements and lifestyle habits for a healthy immune system.
Listen to The Joyous Health Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Play!
In this episode we discuss:
- A full tour of your immune system
- Importance of nose hairs and moist mucous membranes (especially when you fly!)
- The signs of a weakened immune system from eczema to prolonged sicknesses
- All the factors that lower your immune system
- Stress and how cortisol impacts your immune system
- A simple relaxation exercise to reduce stress
- The importance of sleep for a healthy immune system
- How sugar, antibiotics and alcohol impact your immune system and microbiome
- How Pacman relates to the immune system
- Lack of protein reduces the effectiveness of your immune system
- Drink water and avoid the S.A.D. C.R.A.P Diet
- The best foods to eat for a healthy immune system: cultured foods, colourful foods, raw garlic, mushrooms, honey, protein, plant-based foods that are colourful!
- The best supplements for a healthy immune system: probiotics, vitamin D, elderberry, oil of oregano, echinacea
- Walker's prevention plan for not getting sick
- The best lifestyle factors for a healthy immune system: sex, sleep, exercise, fun, joy, laughter, positive emotions