This green smoothie is really simple, really healthy and really yummy! I had originally named the title of this post exactly that but then I thought it was a bit "over the top" so, "simple green smoothie" it is!
It's good to get back to basics and have this go-to green smoothie that you can make on a whim and feel absolutely fantastic.
Let's look at some of the nutritional highlights:
- Pineapple - excellent for digestive health and anti-inflammatory due to bromelain + phytonutrients
- Avocados - great source of monounsaturated fatty acids for heart health and skin health, plus B6 for stress
- Leafy greens - a great source of cleansing chlorophyll, energy metabolism supporting magnesium + folate
- Celery - tons of fibre, great scrub for your gut
- Hemp hearts - excellent source of an essential fat called GLA which is anti-inflammatory
- Cucumber - great for shiny hair (just make sure you eat the peel)
- Nut or seed butter - excellent source of healthy fats and vitamin E for skin + heart health
- Flaxseeds - amazing source of lignans which are rich in polyphenols making them a cancer preventative food
- Mint - soothes the gut plus rich in anti-inflammatory antioxidant phytonutrients like rosmarinic acid
- Cinnamon - blood sugar balancing
The best part of this smoothie is that it really boosts your energy and vitality! I feel amazing when I start my day with this. It's also a great afterschool snack for kids. For our daughter Vienna, I add some frozen strawberries because they are a must in every smoothie these days for her.
Here's the recipe!
Simple Green Smoothie
Select Stars →
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen avocado cubes or 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 cup leafy greens (any kind)
- 2 stalks celery
- Half a cucumber
- 1 tbsp nut or seed butter
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Non-dairy milk to desired consistency
- Optional: 1 tbsp raw honey or stevia to sweeten
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
Enjoy this fibre-rich, totally dairy-free, gluten-free, plant-based yummy smoothie. It will be love at first sip!
Have a great week!