This week, Joy chats with Jessie Inchauspé, the founder of the wildly popular Instagram account Glucose Goddess and author of the book Glucose Revolution. She holds a bachelor of science degree in mathematics from King's College London and a master of science degree in biochemistry from Georgetown University. Her mission is to translate cutting-edge science into easy advice to help people improve their physical and mental health, especially when it comes to balancing your blood sugar.
Whether you struggle with acne, PCOS, chronic inflammation, uncontrollable food cravings, or hormonal imbalance, the information in this episode will help you take control of your health, today! This episode is packed with practical tips you can start applying at your very next meal to balance your blood sugar, without having to go on a sugar detox or give up your favourite foods.
If you feel overwhelmed with all the advice and information about how and when to eat for lasting health and wellness, especially when it comes to controlling glucose spikes then this episode is for you. Jessie keeps things simple and offers a wide range of suggestions and tips that you can test to discover what works best for you and your lifestyle.
- Jessie’s personal journey from Silicon Valley startup to health educator.
- How learning about glucose helped Jessie heal her broken back & mental health.
- Why food habits beat genetics when it comes to health.
- What are glucose spikes?
- How she discovered that these spikes could trigger acute mental health episodes.
- Why 90% of people without diabetes experience glucose spikes every day.
- Common symptoms of glucose spikes everyone experiences.
- How balancing blood sugar impacts overall health and wellness.
- How blood sugar spikes impact cravings and hormones.
- A breakdown of the scientific research behind cravings and blood sugar.
- The first thing that disappears once your blood sugar stabilizes.
- How to avoid massive glucose fluctuations even when eating your favourite foods.
- Health Hack: Put clothing on your carbs- what it means and how to do it.
- The best order to eat your food to reduce glucose spikes by 70%.
- Why sweets that contain fructose are worse for our sugar spikes than savoury carbs.
- Why Jessie is against diets that say any food is off limits.
- Individual factors that can impact your sensitivity to blood sugar spikes.
- What happens to your small intestine when you eat fibre & how it impacts blood sugar spikes.
- The most powerful fibre-rich food to incorporate into your meals for blood sugar balance.
- Why 3 meals a day is better for blood sugar than 6 meals.
- How a sweet versus savoury breakfast dictates your cravings for the rest of the day.
- Jessie’s favourite savoury breakfast!
- Why small, dense LDL cholesterol is bad for heart health and why you shouldn’t fear eggs!
- How to plan your meals to balance your blood sugar
- How sugar impacts the production of small, dense LDL cholesterol in the body.
- The power of having vinegar before a meal: it can cut your blood sugar spike by up to 30%!
- The simplest lifestyle hack to try after meals to help reduce glucose spikes.
- Should you try a continuous glucose monitor even if you don’t have diabetes?
- Why symptoms are your body’s way of trying to get your attention that something needs attention.
- How simple hacks and habits can have a profound impact on your health.
Glucose Goddess Instagram
Glucose Revolution Book
Free Steady Glucose Meal Plan
Glucose Tracking App