Hummus and veggies is truly one of my most favourite afternoon snacks! Hummus gives you a good dose of midday energy, increases your fat burning potential and is such a versatile dip. You can add anything to it - garlic, curry powder, cayenne, roasted red peppers etc.
If that wasn't enough reason to love hummus, here's more:
- Satisfying and kills any sugar craving
- Great source of protein and "good" fat
- Incredible source of calcium (tahini)
- The fiber helps to lower cholesterol
- Balances blood sugar
- Contains trace mineral "molybdenum" which detoxifies sulfites from the body
- Manganese to help support knee health
Best of all, it's super easy to make as you'll see in the recipe below!
Salad & Snacks
Select Stars →
- 1 (15oz) can of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp hemp or extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp tahini
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/2 cup water (if needed)
- 3-4 fresh cloves of garlic
- handful of sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- Place all the ingredients (excluding water) together in a food processor or high power blender and blend until fully combined. Add water if necessary to desired thickness. Cut up a bunch of colourful veggies or enjoy with some gluten-free crackers for a fabulous afternoon snack!
Hummus gives you a good dose of midday energy, increases your fat burning potential and is such a versatile dip. You can add anything to it - garlic, curry powder, cayenne, roasted red peppers etc. It's totally delicious, nutritious and is super simple to make!
What are some of your favourite things to pair hummus with?